close
close

La County "armed robbery" Stopped for the wedding of Las Vegas suspects, says DOJ – CBS News

La County "armed robbery" Stopped for the wedding of Las Vegas suspects, says DOJ – CBS News


CBS News Los Angeles

Lively

The US Department of Justice has announced charges against three Los Angeles County residents, including a couple from North Hollywood who allegedly stopped their “two -week crime” to marry Las Vegas.

Between January 29 and February 14, 2024, the trio claimed to have robbed nine 7-elevens and two donut shops in LA, according to DOJ. The allegations also included an armed robbery at a smoke shop in Orange County.

Investigators said suspects Antonio Bland and Ronnie Tucker would usually rob the business at night while their escape driver Abigail Luki would wait outside in a white sedan she had.

Suspecting B-Robbers-4-Incha-Federal-Case.jpg
The security camera caught two suspects in the robbery.

US doj


Towards the end of the alleged crime, Bland and Luke drove to Las Vegas to get married. It is alleged that they returned to southern California two days after their wedding on February 8 and performed another armed robbery, according to DOJ.

While the trio was initially charged last yearA large jury returned a replacement accusation accusing Blaand, Tucker and Luckey with five crimes violating the Hobbes Act, a federal law prohibiting robbery and blackmail that interferes with interstate or foreign trade.

Blaand and Tucker also encounters an additional number of Hobbs Act and four firing weapons during the alleged crimes. The indictment also accused Bland, who had previously been convicted of carrying and possessing drugs, with two accusations being a criminal in possessing a firearm and ammunition.

“Community members should not think that they are violent when they enter a convenience or business store. The model of the defendants of violent behavior described in the prosecution puts an innocent life at risk,” said the executing prosecutor of prosecutor The United States Joseph McNal. S

The alleged armed robbery Spree ended on Valentine’s Day in 2024 after an employee of a donut shop in Downey opened fire on Bland and Tucker, according to DOJ.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *