close
close

Charles Barkley shot himself through All-Star Weekend, revealing the only “good thing” for record ratings-the essential sports sports

Charles Barkley shot himself through All-Star Weekend, revealing the only “good thing” for record ratings-the essential sports sports

You know that something is off when even Stephen Curry casually drains deep threes is not enough to make fans watch. This is exactly what happened over the weekend of the NBA All-Star, as the new League format failed to breathe life into the window in the middle of the season. The changes had to take the interest of the fans, but instead the event gave another adolescent performance. And with the ratings hitting the rock bottom, Charles Barkley couldn’t help but make a sarcastic shot throughout the situation.

“Complaining about the All-Star shape does nothing good for our product. You know the good, I won’t lie, we no longer have to emit this thing, ” said Barkley. Now, tell what you will be about Chuck’s dullness, but it makes sense. The numbers support it in a great way.

According to media analyzer Ryan Glavpigel, this year’s All-Star Game an average of only 4.7 million viewers in the TNT-13 percent decline last year. This makes it the second-looking All-Star game in history, which barely leveled the grim 4.6 million in 2023 vision.

Advertisement

The article goes on under this advertisement

If this does not draw a concerned picture, here’s something worse: the last three All-Star games have not been able to hit six million viewers. Before 2023, this never happened in the history of the NBA. So what goes wrong? Charles Barkley has an answer and he doesn’t suggest it.

“I’m not even upset because if all [the league supertsars] Don’t take it seriously why the network and fans should take it seriously? “ Chuck said. “So you complain about the form, you are all the reason for the bad format.”

It’s hard to argue with him. For years, fans have complained that the All-Star game has become nothing more than a glorious laying line. There is no real protection, no real effort – it just emphasizes with a small substance. If the largest stars on the planet treat it as an exhibition, why should someone else take care?

by imago

However, the lack of effort by players was not the only thing that reinforced ratings this year. The All-Star event came straight into the buzzing one that even Chuck himself would have a difficult time to compete. SNL 50S Thehe Saturday night live A special 50th anniversary is broadcast at the same time and absolutely crushed it. NBC, which will take over the NBA All-Star Weekend coverage next year, has entered a massive 14.8 million viewers for the special-more than Triple its usual audience.

Even Charles Barkley who was hosted Snl Back in 2018, he knows what the All-Star game has faced. A historic 50-year holiday of one of the most iconic television shows. The battle for the ratings ended before it even starts. But Chuck was not just there to criticize the NBA All-Star. In fact, he meant a solution like what he has been pushing for years.

Advertisement

The article goes on under this advertisement

“I said it from five to seven to ten years. International against the United States, let’s try, “ He suggested on Steam roomS Interestingly, this has become a hot topic lately, with many others wanting something like that.

Input support for World VS USA as the new All-Star event

The NBA All-Star game can make the shaking fans know they needed. Imagine this: instead of the usual East against West or the project format, the league enters a match from World Vs. USA. Sounds intense, right? Well, some of the largest international stars are all about it.

Advertisement

The article goes on under this advertisement

The French phenomenon Victor Wanganyama does not contain his excitement. “I would be glad. My opinion is that it is more targeted, “ He told reporters. And if that wasn’t convincing enough, Giannis antetokounmpo took it. “There is more pride in this. More bets, “ said the Greek superstar. “I would like that. I think this would be the most interesting and most exciting format … I would definitely be proud of that. I always compete, but I think it will give me a little more extra juice to compete. “

And that’s exactly what the All-Star format needs: some additional competitiveness. So it’s easy to understand why this idea has so much attractiveness. And why Charles Barkley, although GM in a recent format, supports this new idea.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *